May 23, 2013
Farm Bill Revision
Included under the umbrella:
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- SNAP-Nutrition Education (SNAP-ED). *Note: It has been suggested that this component of SNAP be entirely cut!
- The Commodity Supplemental Food Program - which supplies many low income families (many of whom are seniors) with USDA commodity foods.
- The Emergency Food Assistance Program - working with food banks to supplement the diets of low income persons
- The Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program - provides school children access to fresh fruits and vegetables
- The Seniors Farmers' Market Nutrition Program
Update is moving quickly. Please log in to the Academy,
- Select Public Policy
- Select Take Action
- Click on Grassroots Manager
A message for the Farm Bill has already been drafted.
- Add your name and particulars and click submit.